Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Arghh

I'm in the middle of preparations for Summer boot camp, and the usual Snafu's have occurred. I have a private student from South Carolina who is doing weeks 5-8 of the course and then will join the regular classes for weeks 1-4. So essentially I'm teaching her drive on the highway now and in 2 weeks we will have a lesson on how to brake...but that's okay.

On the other hand, I just stopped at my local branch of the Toronto District Library which is between the subway and work. I visit the branch 2-4 times a week, the staff know me by name and other patrons stop me to ask where they can find things. I dropped off some stuff and the computer system was down so i decided that I would pick up my holds on my way home tonight. As I'm exiting there is a small piece of paper taped to the door announcing that the branch will be closing for renovations! Starting July 3rd (That's next week) until the "Fall". Fall...what the hell...fall could be September or November! Oh No no no no. This won't do at all. First of all 1 week's notice is not nearly enough time for me to figure out which other branch to transfer my holds to and the branch I use is a district branch which means its larger than most of the other branches and ...and...I think I may be hysterical.
M

1 comment:

Wo Kai Li said...

Oh, I feel your pain! I hated when my branch was closed for reno's. I had to go so much farther to pick up my holds. On the brighter side: my branch was a pretty small branch and I had to go to a larger one and I loved all the choices for books on CD! Of course, I never went back after my branch re-opened.