Where did July go? We have had a busy summer so far with events on nearly every weekend. 4 weeks ago Andrew helped James and Amy out with a Barbecue/benefit at the Cathedral Bluff Yacht Club. James did an excelent job with the food and the entertainment.
James at the barbecue and Andrew passing out beer.
The next weekend I went to Melanie's Toronto Baby shower. The shower was a lot of fun and i won a prize for knowing the most about Mel. For those who are wondering as of writing this today Mel is 2 days past her due date but all is well and she is waiting patiently.
The weekend of the 17th Mom and Dad came to the big city for a visit. On Saturday Mom and I went to Casa Loma. I had only been once whne I was a girl guide and had only vague memories of it. The house is pretty amazing and the refurnishing adds to the feel of the time. I think I could happily live in the conservatory. Although because it was built in 1911 there is not air conditioning, so it is better to visit in the spring or fall rather than on a really hot day.
Casa Loma Exterior
Conservatory fountain
Then on Sunday we went on a harbor cruise and a walk around Toronto Island. The cruise was defintely worth the price as the boat droped us off on the island and then we could get back on any boat to finish the tour for the rest of the day.
Then last weekend we had a 2 whole days off. I made home made pizzas (extras for the freezer for lunches- healthier and cheaper than from the grocery store) and read ont he balcony.
Work has been good this summer; the students are content and the new reading teacher is doing great, so I hope he can stay in the fall.
Andrew is nearing the end of his classes, then he has an internship in September. He will have his diploma after that and can work but won't be licensed until he writes the Bar exam in January.
Today we are packing up and going to Goderich for the weekend. Apparently there is a not so secret party for my 40th birthday on Saturday at Grandma's pool. Lori is in Ontario this weekend so I will catch up with her and her family and meet her newest additon, Katrina. I'm going to try to track Lisa down, but I'm afraid her life is jam packed these days.
Have a safe and fun long weekend (those of you in Ontario).
M.


No comments:
Post a Comment