The shipment of the ink and the printhead arrived on Monday. I installed the print head and VOILA the printer worked. Now I don't mean to complain but...Kodak shipped us a new print head, a new colour ink cartridge and a new black ink cartridge, each in its own box. Scan down the pictures below to see the size of these boxes, it is ridiculous in this day and age that they would waste so much space and energy to send 3 small items each in an oversize box.
Melanie mentioned printing photos but honestly I have never printed a photo at home. The reason I need the color printer is for work. The students miss a lot of the cultural clues on the SAT test primarily and so when we run across something or someone they should know but don't know, I make a poster with the basics. I try to anticipate what they will struggle on in the weeks test and put up a poster before they take the test and now Saturday mornings there is a race to find the new information in what is becoming a sea of posters on the walls. Below are pictures of my 2 classrooms. The yellow room and the blue room. I like the blue room better because the view is nice whereas the yellow room is painted a horrific shade of yellow and its windows look into the side of the concrete building next door. But the yellow room is bigger so in the summer I tend to spend most of my time in it.
Bottom line is the printer is working (knock wood), so now I can continue to prep for Summer camp which starts in 3 weeks 2 days!
And
Happy 14th Birthday Riley!
M.
1 comment:
I won't even get started on the environmental waste of all that packaging (as I can tell you feel the same as me). Aren't you nice to your students! Of course, I'm sitting here thinking, why is your office not supplying you with a colour printer for all this work you do for the students at their school? But, I'm sure I already know the answer to that one.
Fingers crossed that the printer stays on the up and up.
Post a Comment