Sunday, June 06, 2010
The Perils of (Michelle) Pauline and her Printer
Lats Friday our printer let us down. It wanted a new color ink cartridge and so I installed it and the Printer said, "Please install a new ink cartridge."...Hmm. So I uninstalled and reinstalled, tried to run a clean cycle, did the Hokey Pokey...Nope. Then I sent an email to Kodak and its auto response said that a Technician's response would come in 24-48 hours. By Sunday both Andrew and I had uninstalled the printer, reinstalled software, removed cartridges and waited reinstalled everything on and on and on. Monday I called Kodak...so sorry it is Memorial Day and so no technical support. Tuesday I phoned and we went through the whole dance again. I love when the technician says, take the cartridge out, wait 30 seconds, put it back in...did that work? Uhhh no and I already tried that 3 days ago! So the Kodak technician decided that there was a problem with the printer and so they were going to mail me a new one. Then the follow up email was more specific that the printer would not come with a new Print head. The most common problem with these printers is the print head. Sigh. So Wednesday arrives and the new printer arrives (that part of the service was great). So I uninstall the old printer and the software and reinstall the new (refurbished) printer and install the old print head and cartridges...guess what? Please install a new color cartridge. At this point I didn't feel like sitting on hold for half and hour so I tried the online chat function for Kodak. The technician went through the hokey Pokey with me Again...take the cartridge out wait 30 seconds, turn yourself about, put the cartridge in. Still not working. So this technician decided that I had a bad color cartridge. I ask, "Could it be the Print head?" No....Impossible, we will send you a new color cartridge...in 5-7 days. Great. Well I don't think that I wait for 5-7 days and so I go to Staples and buy a new Color cartridge and am dismayed to discover that the price has gone up...the reason we bought this was the cheap ink costs. I take the cartridge home and install it and "Wow!" the error message goes away..But the printer will only print in Black and Yellow. Not quite what I need. So I contact Kodak again and gee whiz they are sending a new Print head. It should be here tomorrow. Oh yes I also received my email message back from Kodak ....Saturday as in 7 days later and it had great instructions like..."remove the cartridge, wait 30 seconds and replace the cartridge" Well at least we can print in black which is a step up from last week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's crazy! I would have lost it. Now I remember why I get my pics printed at costco. printers are so annoying.
Post a Comment