Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Summer Camp is over

The insanity of 10 hour days and marking 35 essays over 2 days is over for another year. This was my 7th Summer Camp with Elite. There are parts that are fun and interesting and because the majority of my students are intellectually curious we have interesting discussions. Unfortunately teaching 8 hours a day is wearing and when you teach the same material 3 or 4 times in one day it is hard to keep it fresh and alive so the students don't get bored. I have had 3 days off and then tomorrow I am back at work for the fall session.
During my time off Andrew and I went to the CNE on Monday. We were hoping to avoid the crowds and ended up going on a kids are free day! The Ex itself was lacking in actual exhibition and relied mostly on selling you stuff. The largest spaces were filled with merchandise from around the world which is a lot less impressive when you have been around the world and know the good stuff from the tourist junk. We went to see the "Super" dogs show which really was designed for kids and had some trained dogs running around but nothing that Brandy couldn't and didn't do. It was fine for a day out of the apartment but I don't think we will be going back next year.



A Very Tall Lego Tower at the CNE
My current issue is that I have mushrooms growing in one of my plants. It is very strange but according to the wise and wonderful Internet it is not that uncommon. Apparently it isn't cause for alarm. See the picture below.




Mushrooms in my Plants

My other concern is that the sister tower to the one that blocked my view of the CN tower is going up and soon the new tower will block my view of the BMO building. I think we may have to rearrange the living room furniture so we can see the sky outside our window.



An offensive Crane


That's all my news for now.




M.








No comments: