Sunday, August 19, 2007

Updates on our busy lives

Summer is flying by and I have only 1 more week of summer campto teach. We have had a busy and eventful week. Last weekend we were in Goderich to go to Jason's wedding.

We drove to Goderich on Friday night and hung out by Grandma's pool with Melanie and her 2 sisters and their boyfriends. Saturday morning we went to the Celtic Festival as Andrew had never been. Then after lunch we organized ourselves and went to the Wedding. The location was in a field on a farm that belongs to one of Jason's friends. They had a Metis ceremony and then we had a nice dinner. After dinner Dad was ready to go home. I was DDing so we went back into town. Then Andrew and I went up to the hotel and met up with Heather, Moe, and my old friend Mike whom I have not seen for at least 10 years. We all had a good time catching up.

Sunday morning was pickle day. We washed cucumbers and packed pickles, which will be ready for Thanksgiving. Then Andrew and I packed up and stopped in Elmira to pick up Brad and Jen who have just moved back to Canada from Korea. They needed to come to Toronto to go apartment hunting. And after 2 days of looking at apartments all over downtown they came to the realization that we live in the best location and have the nicest building dollar for dollar. So they signed a lease and are moving in, in October.

That is all I have time for now. Next Monday we are planning to go to the CNE so hopefully I will have an exciting story or 2 to write about then.
M

No comments: