Then the next rooms were laid out like Tut's tomb and held selected items. It is amazing that items as fragile as a bed have lasted for 3000 years. The highlights of these rooms were the golden sandals and one of the little coffins that held his stomach. There is engraving on the inside of the vessel as well. The detail and craftsmanship are amazing, because it is only about a foot high but the finest details are exactingly executed.
After the exhibit we had tickets to see a movie (In 3D!) and we got to stand in line again (Yay!) while we waited for the start time.The movie was about ...well I'm not really sure what it was about. It was an amalgam of the DNA research done on mummies, the discovery of the resting place of many of the kings and a little about how and why the Egyptians mummified the dead. No real new revelations but it was nice to sit down. Dad and Andrew had a wee nap during the movie and then we went back to our apartment for a late lunch. Everyone went to their homes/hotel after that and Andrew and I tidied up the apartment. The weather was so nice I sat out on the balcony and read for the rest of the afternoon. I finished Book 10 of the Sookie Stackhous series and now have to find a new series to obsessively read.
I went to work on Saturday while Mom went shopping and she discovered why I like the Winners at College Park so much. She found a new purse for summer. After work we went to Globe Bistro where Ed works. He took the night off and the restaurant bought us champagne and Ed treated us for the rest of the meal. The steak there will ruin you for all other steaks. We had a a pork belly appetizer that was marvellous and bacon flavored whiskey for a shot of something new. Stacey our waitress was fantastic. She's a real treat and has a good sense of humour. If you are in Toronto and want a special night out I would highly suggest going there.
Monday we both went back to work. I had extra classes because of the holiday and Andrew had his regular classes. He is a little over halfway through his course and is doing well. Watching legal and cop dramas with a Law student is a new kind of fun.
I think that is all the news for now. I have to go get the laundry from the drying rack on the balcony ( hooray for spring) before it starts raining.
Please excuse the spelling and typing errors, for some reason Blogger has removed the spell check feature and I am lost without it mostly to find my typos.
M


No comments:
Post a Comment