Today is Mom's birthday, Monday is Dad's Birthday and their Anniversary, Thursday is Andrew's Mom's birthday aaaand next Friday is Ed's birthday. Happy Birthday extravaganza!
Andrew is nearing the end of his second term at school. His projects/essays have been returned and his lowest score was 87% and everything else was in the 90's with 100% on his verbal /Power Point presentation. So he is in good shape for his final exams next week. His third and final term's schedule has been set and he will have Monday's off for the summer which is nice, but we think more of an issue that the teachers want long weekends.
A couple weeks ago we bought a new Kodak Printer. I was sick of spending 50 dollars a month on ink and alternative methods (refilling cartridges) had less than stellar results and had less (if that is possible) ink that the original cartirdges. We vacillated on the printer because of its poor reviews but I finally had enough and I am so glad we gave in and bought it. The print quality is excellent and the ink usage is phenominal. Above all else the black cartridges are 9.99 and the colour cartridges are 14.99. I would highly recommend buying one if you are looking for a new printer. Of course if you are one of those people who want your printer to sing and dance, cost nothing to run and be absolutely SILENT, then perhaps you won't be happy.
College acceptances came last week and so far I have students attending U Penn, Colgate, Emory, Cornell, Univeristy of Illinois- Urbana, Syracuse, Oberlin and Duke. I also have one poor student who is on the Harvard and Yale waitlists, so we are scrambling to get her accepted at either of them. I am pleased with the list, but I have had some parents start to balk at the costs which is a first. I guess the recession has hit Korea.
That's all the news for now.
M.
No comments:
Post a Comment