I noticed that it has been more than a month since I updated this. April was a whirlwind of Easter, birthdays and anniversaries and work, work, work. This week, work has come to a grinding halt for some reason. I had yesterday off and Friday is empty too. Hopefully this is just a blip in the radar and things will pick up again soon. I managed to get some stuff accomplished on my surprise day off, and Friday we are planning to go see the new Star Trek movie. I love J.J. Abrams' TV shows and am hoping for a fun ride on Friday. See I'm trying to enjoy it when I have time off rather than panicking that I'll never teach again (Hah!...yeah right).
I have a new favorite TV show, Castle. It stars Nate Fillion as a crime novelist (Rick Castle) who is following a New York detective around to get inspiration for his next book. It seems like another cop+Scientist, agent, housewife formula, but the reason I'm liking it so much is that its funny. Really, really funny. Andrew and I often have to pause it to give us time to stop laughing before carrying on with the show. I expect it to be cancelled amid the glut of cop shows out there but if you have the chance watch and think, screwball comedy, not CSI.
Another show we are enjoying is Flashpoint which centers around a Toronto special tactical team. A few weeks ago, I left work at 9 expecting to step onto the dark, cold streets of Toronto only to be greeted with bright lights and a few hundred people. Flashpoint was filming across the street and it looked like in the street as well. It was one of the last really cold days in March and I was tired, otherwise I would have stayed and watched for a while. I really enjoy the show because they are obviously in Toronto and are not pretending to be anywhere else. It's fun to play the "I know where that is" game while watching the show.
Okay, I'm certain that I have other, more productive things to do with the rest of my morning.
M.
1 comment:
My PVR is full of all the Castle episodes, but I haven't had the inclination to watch yet. I love Nathan Fillion! Now that I hear good things I will definitely find the time to watch my cache.
Nice to hear about Flashpoint, I may have to give it a try.
Post a Comment