Friday, May 08, 2009

Bad Move Cineplex

A week ago I knew that I was going to have today off and so we planned to see Star Trek today. The movie has been made in an IMAX format so I wanted to see it at the Scotiabank Theater downtown that has an IMAX screen. However, while looking up the showtimes I found that Aliens Vs Monsters was playing on the IMAX screen. Now we have no obligation to go to that theater and I decide that we should try the new AMC Theater that is at Dundas, so we can walk there.

The AMC Theater was playing star Trek all day with start times every 30 minutes or so. So we organized ourselves and were out the door before 11. Imagine my surprise when I buy tickets to find that they are not 12 dollars each, not 10 dollars each BUT 6! 6 dollars each. Apparently you can see a movie during the week before noon for 6 dollars. Andrew immediately asked if we had time travelled back to the 70's. But no, no we had not. Then we made our way to the theater where the ticket taker welcomed us to AMC Theaters...and then EVERY employee welcomed us with a smile. The theater was spacious and clean. The seats were comfortable and then when we left an employee thanked us for coming. It is sad that we were so surprised by the cordiality and good manners. So needless to say AMC is getting our movie dollars from now on. Had Cineplex been showing showing Star Trek on their IMAX screen I would have happily paid 15 dollars each and would be none the wiser.

Star Trek, itself was tremendous. I don't want to gush lest I raise expectations too high, but Andrew and I really enjoyed the movie. It was funny and exciting , the acting was great, the story made sense and all in all a great movie.

1 comment:

Wo Kai Li said...

Glad to hear you had a great experience, and very happy to hear that some companies understand customer service.

I think I may head to the theatre tomorrow to check out Star Trek.