I currently have 3 SAT classes that are mainly filled with 15-17 year old boys. This can be frustrating at times because they like to push and see if I will lose it and yell. Other times its just funny.
Between classes the students run downstairs to the convenience store to load up on pop and chips. I don't blame them because on Saturdays they write a 3 1/2 hour practice test in the morning, have 1/2 hour lunch break and then have 4 1/2 hours of classes. I walk into my second class where a pile of boys are clustered in the corner whispering excitedly. I ask "What's going on?" to which I get a high pitched reply of "Its iced tea!" The tone triggers my warning bells and I investigate to find that somehow they have procured a beer...not a real beer, a non-alcoholic beer. Apparently the convenience store has them downstairs and the clerk did not notice that teenage boys were buying it because she charged them the price on an iced tea. My reaction was unexpected to them.
"You guys would be better off sniffing your highlighters, because that's useless"
Stunned silence followed that but I could see that they really did not believe me. I started class and was checking homework when I hear from the back of the room. "Ewyeckblah!" Or whatever noise you hear after some drinks something particularly vile.
A few minutes later a small voice from the back says "Can I go and throw this out?"
"Of course you can" says I.
2 comments:
hahahahahahahahahaha
Boys are dumb... throw rocks at them....
LOL Thanks, I needed that. I love when kids try to get away with something and end up punishing themselves. :-)
Post a Comment