Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Is it a gift or a bribe?

3 days of winter camp down, 5 more to go. I think we may survive it but I am still getting College application essays in my email inbox each morning.

Yesterday as I was leaving the bosses handed me a bag with a banana loaf and a card in it. In the card was a thank you note and a $100 Hudsons Bay gift card from a student's mother. This student has not been at the school for about a month. I thought it was very nice that they thought of me...Then today. Today in my email came not 1, not 2 , not even 3 BUT 6 essays from said student with a plea to edit them ASAP and decided which essays answered which questions most appropriately. So much for people just being nice. I know a bribe when I get one.

I also received my Christmas gift from the school which consisted of a Shisheido skin care line that retails for about 175 dollars (there are only 3 products!). I am apparently not white enough because the products contain whitening ingredients to make me "glow". I tried them out and they are nice but not 175 dollars nice.

Okay I'm going to go edit essays. Hope for nice driving weather tomorrow night.
M

No comments: