Sunday, March 18, 2007

Back again

I really need to have a schedule for updating this. Its not that our life is boring but that I just never force myself to sit down and do this one last thing in the day.

Aaanyyywayyy.

On the wedding front we have sent the invitations and are receiving RSVP's. We have the dress and we bought Andrew's suit. Both garments need alterations which we are getting done in Goderich. Andrew and I are in the process of compiling music for the reception, so if you have any song that you think is great let me know. There will be NO Chicken dancing or macarenaing so don't even bother suggesting them. We are going to Goderich on March 27-28 to meet with he Seamstress, Caterer and Officiant so that will be 3 more things off the list. Hopefully I can see everyone we missed at Christmas, many of whom haven't even seen the ring yet.

March break has been busy for me with 38 hours of classes last week and 44 next week. Last week I has a writing class that became known as the Sweathogs. 5 grade 8-10 boys who really didn't want to be there every morning for 3 hours. Their assignment was to write an imaginative short story with the theme "Hope". I gave up on the theme by Tuesday and just begged for imagination. I got 2 stories about boys (no character development) who are bad students but they study hard and they become great businessmen (no details about what business they might be in...just rich). Another story that took that character that I had given then as an example with a changed name and the plot from the first episode of Futurama. Like I don't watch TV and wouldn't recognize it. One story about a board game that affects reality (Jumanji anyone?). The last kid did actually try so I won't bust his chops. The lasting legacy the class gave me is a cold that is currently trying suffocate me. I'm hoping to spend the afternoon on the couch reading and killing it off.

Andrew's sister Robyn phoned us last night to tell us that Al proposed, while they were on a carriage ride in Niagara on the Lake. He is a great guy and they are really happy. I'm thrilled for her, but Al is Catholic and Italian so the wedding insanity is going to be 100 times what Andrew and I are going through. So in addition to a new sister I'm getting a new brother. That's exciting to me I'm not sure why. Maybe its because of all the happy memories I have as a kid of all the aunts and uncles and cousins getting together and having fun.

That's all my news for now.
M

No comments: