If you read Melanie's blog you know that there was a Canadian IQ test special on CBC this week. I saved it on the DVR so Andrew and I could do it at the same time. Now normally Jeopardy gets to be heated in our household so you can imagine the competitiveness that last night's IQ test held. The long and short is that we tied at 128 points. We both got the same 4 questions wrong and separately each got another 5 questions wrong. However I'm disputing one of the synonym questions which I think is faulty.
The question is what is opposite of Reticent?
A) Loquacious
B) Reserved
C) Indicate
D) Compliant
The people who designed the test decided that Reticent has only 1 definition unfortunately it has at least 2.
1. disposed to be silent or not to speak freely; reserved
AND
2. Reluctant
The opposite of definition 1 is Loquacious and the opposite of definition 2 is compliant. I chose compliant, Andrew chose loquacious.
Regardless of who is the smarter we had fun. I bought Chinese food to celebrate the end of March madness (March break classes...not basketball). This week is pretty wild as well. Monday I have class at Elite from 12:30-2:30 then at 2:35 I have a private student at the library down the street, then nback to Elite for classes from 4:30-8:30 and then Andrew is picking me up at work and we are driving to Goderich to do a multitude of Wedding preparations. Then Wednesday afternoon we have to come back to Goderich because Andrew has a literacy test he has to give on Thursday.
I'll let you know how the plans went when we get back.
M
1 comment:
I chose compliant as well for that one. It sounds like you guys had fun taking the test. I think it would have been a lot more fun with more people taking it together. I did have it on the pvr so I could have kept it (but the pvr is pretty packed with all the episodes of lost, 24 and prison break that I just can't seem to get around to watching).
Post a Comment