Andrew and I had a whirlwind trip to Goderich where we met the officiant, seamstress and caterer as well as deciding on the decorations. Not bad for 36 hours. Basically everything is planned and organized so we are well ahead of schedule.
On the good news front Andrew has accepted a new job. It is an administrative position with Metro Toronto College which is a technical college. It is a 30% raise and more administrative work and less academic counselling. He starts in 2 weeks and I think he will be much happier.
We had Easter dinner here with Ed and Jana. Andrew and I managed to set up the big table by moving the couch and we had roast turkey with carrot cake for dessert. The Easter Bunny came and so there are eggs still all over the apartment. We had a good time but they had some sad news. Ed and Jana's Siamese cats have been affected by the tainted pet food. Budha died from kidney failure and Mooshie is still very sick.
I am praying for warm weather. I am so sick of this cold, snow, rain etc. I want to set up our balcony again. I have started my planters inside and and waiting for a warm day to clean up the balcony and get some new furniture for it.
Work has started to get hectic again. I'm back to a six day schedule. The good news is that the admissions letters have arrived. I have students going to Colgate, Dartmouth, Carnegie Mellon, NYU, USC, University of Chicago, Duke, U. Penn, Cornell and Columbia. I only have 2 students who did not get accepted anywhere but they are on multiple waiting lists so we are still hopeful.
Thants all my news for now.
M.
1 comment:
What no Harvard? Kidding. That's great.
That's really sad about the cats. I am so glad that my cats are okay. I don't know what I would do if anything happened to them.
Post a Comment