I have neglected this page for far too long. January was...unseasonably warm, not I would ever complain about it being too warm, and filled with work. We had dinner at Amy's with Joey (He hates that...it's Joe or Joseph) and Jana, Eddy ( It's Ed or Edward) and Andrew had to work. We had fun though and Amy has a beautiful apartment in an old building on Avenue Road.
February arrived along with winter (boo, hiss!) and the final application deadlines for American Universities passed and all of a sudden I find that I have not 1 but 2 days off in a row each week. Now mind you they are Tuesday and Wednesday which means I still rarely get to see anyone but its nice to have the time off nonetheless. A couple of weeks ago I took one of my precious days off and went to the ROM to visit Amy and see her glamorous job there (She's rolling her eyes as she reads this). I did a tour of the exhibits that are open which isn't many as the museum is in the middle of construction. I saw the new Asian wing and I think the ROM has more things in it than the National Museum of Korea. This is a little sad to me that Korea's heritage is stored "off site" as invasions and wars in the past have decimated Korea's artifacts.
For Valentine's Day, Andrew and I went to Hernando's Hideaway to have Mexican. It wasn't as good as Casa Maya in Apgujeong, Seoul but I think the cooks at Hernando's probably didn't live in Mexico learning to cook Mexican for 12 years either. It was tasty and it was nice to go out for dinner for a change.
The wedding invitations arrived last week and I spent the weekend addressing them and they were mailed out on Monday so check your mailboxes this week. My father found the inevitable mistake in the directions to the house. I said turn right onto Elizabeth St from Britannia Rd...which is impossible but since you can only turn left onto Elizabeth St from Britannia when traveling westbound I think everyone will figure it out.
I thinks that is all the excitement here in the big city for now. The wedding preparations are bout to go into full steam ahead and I think the next 4 months will zip by. I'll try to check in here about once a week and keep everyone posted.
M.
1 comment:
Yeah we totally have to get together and figure out weddingy stuff. Its a kids weekend, but im sure they'll be happy hanging out at hotel gramma.
:)
Post a Comment