One of the hiccups in November was that Andrew's Dad had a major stroke about 3 weeks ago and is in the stroke ward in Niagara Falls. The Stroke has affected him physically and cognitively, but he has made steady progress over the last few weeks. Andrew has been going to Niagara as much as possible to help his Mom and see his Dad.
On November 24, my youngest cousin Kimberly got married. The wedding was in Kincardine and we went a day early and stayed at the hotel for Friday and Saturday (Gasp! I took 2 whole days off from work). The entire wedding took place at the hotel, so once we parked we theoretically didn't have to leave the hotel.
On Friday night we had dinner with Aunt Janet and Uncle Kenny (parents of the bride) and Aunt Brenda (the wedding photographer) in the Hotel's lounge. It was a cozy space with a bar and a fireplace and cozy club chairs around intimate tables. Dinner was delicious and relaxing. Later in the evening we spent some time with Aunt Brenda, Uncle Dale and cousin Joe at the bar. I think we were the only guests in the hotel and so we had the place to ourselves.
On Saturday morning, Mom and Dad, Ed and Jana arrived along with the rest of the family. Everyone came except for Amy's husband James who owns a restaurant in Toronto and he had to stay because of The Grey Cup. The Wedding was lovely and personal. We sat at the back, and so I don't have any pictures. There were cocktails and pictures after and we got a Rotteau family picture, but Aunt Brenda sent it in a reduced format and I can't blow it up. It looks nice with Dad and his brother and sisters sitting in chairs and each family standing behind.
Dinner was great and the tables were beautiful and filled with toys. There were Christmas crackers, hence Andrew's eye patch and Aunt Brenda and Uncle Dale's moustaches. A disposable camera with a scavenger hunt list of pictures to take including one of people kissing (Aunt Dianne kissing Eddy). There was a lot of laughter and video of The Stag and Doe which was Zombie themed. We spent some time in Aunt Dianne and Uncle Brad's suite drinking and catching up with family. Then the dancing started downstairs and there was more fun.
When I informed work that I would be away Friday and Saturday they questioned why we needed to go up on Friday and I told them that in November the weather can turn bad really fast and I don't think they really understood. Sure enough from Toronto to Kincardine (about a 3 hour drive- usually) the weather got progressively worse. When we left Toronto is was a sunny 14 degrees Celsius and by the time we reached Kincardine it was snowing and -2. I took pictures on the way back to illustrate the difference.
![]() |
| Just outside of Kincardine but the picture doesn't pick up the blowing snow in the air. |
![]() |
| Halfway home -near Elmira. Those buggies are Mennonites on their way to Church. There is some snow, but the road is dry. |
![]() |
| Just outside Toronto- sunny and beautiful. |
So that was our November. I can't believe that Christmas is just a few weeks away. Work is good news/bad news for Christmas...Good -I have 4 days off in a row! Bad- I have to work on Boxing Day.



No comments:
Post a Comment