Andrew went and returned safely from Korea. He didn't have any time to sight see or really see anybody except for a short dinner with Jennifer and Craig. But the trip was a success for the school, so Herzing is happy.
I did get a new desk.
This is what is looked like shortly after set up.
And this is what it looks like today. The box on the floor is my temporary footstool until I find one I like.
I am deep in the middle of U.S. University application essays. The early admission deadline is tomorrow at midnight, so of course students are just now getting around to contacting the school to see if I can take a look at the crap they dashed off in an hour that doesn't remotely satisfy the question. Oh "ding" there is my email and another straggler. I planned on working from home today and it looks like I really will be working all day on these essays. There's no rewriting happening here, just a gentle edit for grammar and sentence structure and perhaps vocabulary and logic and taking into account the actual question asked. I won't be completely rewriting essays for students whose English skills are minimal at best, because that would be wrong.
I am starting NaNoWriMo tomorrow and hopefully this year I can finish. I am usually good during the first 2 weeks and then work takes over my life and my writing gets left behind. But I have done more outlining and planning for this year and have set some specific goals that will (with luck) keep me on track. I will add a word count widget here so everyone can view my progress (or lack thereof).
Okay back tot he essay mines for me.
M.


1 comment:
Love the desk! Sounds like things are super busy. Hopefully we can get together when (if) things calm down for you. Good luck with those essays!
Post a Comment