Andrew referred to it as Mr. Shocky because the cord would fall off randomly while I was using it and he was certain that bad things would befall me. But no, I would just pick it up and jam it back into the socket and away we would go. Shocky was a General Electric Food Mixer Model M7B, made out of mostly metal surrounded by plastic and fastened together with SCREWS! It was manufactured in Barrie, Ontario. No store I go into today will have anything that will be as reliable or durable. I think the motor burned out yesterday while I was mixing batter for cookies for Dad (Happy Birthday!), and I will take it apart and see if there is anything to be done, but judging from the smell and the the noise I think it is done.
Sea Monkeys
For Valentine's Day Andrew bought me a Sea Monkeys Kit. I had some in Korea, but they didn't do well (all died within a month) and we thought we would try again. The colony started off well but after 4 weeks I was down to just 6 and then 5 and then 4 etc. Until I had one lone swimmer paddling away in the tank. Over Easter Weekend we went to Goderich and I transferred Swimmy into a lock&lock box and he came too. Andrew was certain that everyone would think I had gone nuts to bring my sea monkey with me, but I have a firm policy against coming home to dead pets. Swimmy seemed to enjoy the car rides and the travel box and he is still growing. Andrew bought another packet of eggs and we put them in the tank on Monday. I see a few teeny tiny guys in there and hopefully, they will grow big too.
You can see Swimmy on the left side of the tank in the middle.
No comments:
Post a Comment