Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Need a laugh?

Okay this one is not for the earnest but if you have a dark...dark sense of humour, try Carrie Fisher's Wishful Drinking. It is an autobiographical account of growing up "Carrie Fisher" and is based off of her stage play. It is not long (under 170 pages). I started it yesterday and finished it this morning, but it made me laugh until I cried several times. But again you need a type of sense of humour where you can see the funny in waking up with a dead guy in your bed, your first husband (Paul Simon) writes uncomplimentary songs about you, your second husband neglects to inform you that he is actually ...gay, and you are in an Abnormal Psychology textbook and the accompanying picture is one from an iconic movie in which you had a ridiculous hairstyle (I'll let you guess which one).

M

2 comments:

Wo Kai Li said...

I am definitely going to have to check it out. I thought it was just a stage show!

Jen said...

I've been dying to read it or get the audio version.