On Sunday I made biscuits, butter tarts and cinnamon snails (pastry rolled around cinnamon and brown sugar). The homemade food was delicious and is almost gone already.
The Butter Tarts were made to practice with the pastry because Brad brought me some sour cherries from his parents' backyard. I want to make tarts but I didn't want to waste the cherries. I think I'm okay with the pastry so maybe later in the week we will have cherry tarts.
Yesterday I went to see the new Harry Potter movie. It was Okay but that's all. I couldn't place my finger on what was wrong until I checked the IMDB and realized that all the exciting parts of the book (werewolves fighting, Fleur and Bill, Dumbledore's funeral) were not in the movie. Most egregious elimination was the battle in Hogwarts between Deatheaters and Hogwarts Teachers which is the climax of the novel. At the 2 1/2 hour mark I was holding out for that battle but no, instead we are left with a weak conversation between Harry, Ron and Hermione. It was fine if you have not read the book but I think the scriptwriter really dropped the ball.
Today we are planning to go to the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) to take advantage of our memberships and hopefully we can sneak in to see the Dead Sea Scrolls. I think we are going to get an AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario) membership this year and switch back and forth so we don't get bored with either place.
M
No comments:
Post a Comment