Andrew's sister Robyn is getting married in September and I am one of the bridesmaids. We had the first wedding shower on Sunday. It was an Italian shower hosted by the mothers of the Bride and Groom. It was held at the Liuna Station in Hamilton. The venue is gorgeous and if you ever have an event in Hamilton I would recommend it as a beautiful location. The staff was excellent and very proactive; they took care of problems before anyone would have noticed them.
Nearly 80 women attended and we had a 4 course sit down meal that was punctuated by games from the Purse Game, to the Price is Right to Toilet Paper Brides. Everyone had a good time and the afternoon flew by. Robyn looked beautiful as usual and managed to get through her speech without crying. Al showed up with a beautiful bouquet of roses and attempted to whisk her away so she didn't have to do too much clean up but I think his plan was thwarted. The end of the afternoon was basically a cookie exchange. The close relatives of the Bride and Groom brought platters of cookies and then the guests filled boxes to take home with them. I think everyone had a good time.
My camera was not cooperating with me that day so I only have a couple of decent pictures but they should give you an idea of the day.
1 comment:
That spread looks more like a wedding than a shower. Wow. i love cookie exchanges.
Post a Comment