It was pointed out that I was not keeping this updated. So here I am again.
On the work front Andrew is still looking for a job but the recently he has been getting more interviews so hopefully something will emerge soon. 2 weeks ago he was very close to a position as the office manager of a School for Yoga therapy and Holistic healing. Everything was going swimmingly and he went back for a job shadow. The Yogi/Owner of the school was interviewing him a second time when Andrew asked the simple question, "Do I have to believe everything that is taught here in order to work here?" The Yogi was taken aback that anything taught at his school was subject to belief or disbelief and asked Andrew for clarification. Andrew pointed out that they teach Numerology. The Yogi then was insulted that there was some problem with Numerology which in his opinion is a "technology" and therefore not subject to belief. Basically the Yogi believes that your birth date is destiny and determines your life's path and it fact like the combustion engine. Which makes me wonder why he bothers to interview, shouldn't he just use the "technology" on the applicant's birth dates and determine whether they are destined to work there or not? So Andrew graciously declined that position knowing he would just be getting into philosophical arguments constantly.
My job has been 6 days a week and shows no signs of letting up but last week Chris, the manager of my school, told me that the decision has been made to open a second school in Richmond hill in September. The Bosses wanted to know if I would be the head teacher for both schools and transition into a salary position. This is a good step up and means that eventually I could have more normal hours and perhaps have 2 days a week off. But this summer will be hectic with hiring and training new teachers. We have lots of negotiating to do before I know for sure what my new job will be but I'm sure it will be fine in the end.
Because I was so busy during March break, Andrew insisted that we just relax for my 2 days off over Easter (Sunday, Monday) So instead we took the living room bookshelves apart, cleaned and reorganized the living room...that sounds relaxing right? We moved Andrew's desk 90 degrees to face the wall and now it feels like we have more space. In a 400 square foot apartment the "feeling" of space is really important. I can't wait for Spring to show up so I can reassemble our outside living room on the balcony again. The tulip bulbs I planted this winter are coming up so we should have some flowers in April. I'll post a picture when they appear.
To survive the writer's strike this winter Andrew and I have taken to buying Used DVD sets of TV shows. With a trade in it is less than 20 dollars for a season of a show which is better than going to see 1 movie in Toronto or renting 3 movies. We worked our way through NCIS Seasons 1-3, Lost Season 2, Bones Seasons 1 and 2 and Moonlighting Seasons 1-2 and we are in the middle of Season 3. Moonlighting's writing has really stood up and aside from the hideous 80's clothing and decor is extremely watchable. For Christmas I bought X-Files Seasons1-3 but we can't seem to get engaged with them to watch more than an episode here or there. It's strange how shows that were so important really don't hold up over time. I'm looking forward to TV coming back this month.
I can't think of anything else relevant to write about now. I hope that other things happened in February and March besides Work and Tv but I really can't think of anything right now.
M
2 comments:
YAY for job interviews!
BOOO for Yogis with no sense of humor!
YAY for tulips!
BOO for waiting to see if im on temp full time yet or have to wait till summer...
YAY for possible head teacher position!
BOO for long hours, hiring, and interviews....
I think thats about it... is the squirrel making the trek up the side of the building to go digging for bulbs yet?
Thanks for updating!
I'm sorry Andrew is still looking. I can imagine Andrew's head exploding one day if he took that job (probably shortly before lunch his first day of work...) ;-)
Hopefully you will someday get to re-experience a two-day weekend... That's great about the salaried position, too (but would really get two days off a week, or only pretend two days off a week?)
Post a Comment