Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Well we made it. Christmas was a blur. We started in Niagara Falls with Andrew's family. There was a birthday party for Andrew's sister, Robyn , on Sunday and then Christmas Eve at Andrew's Uncle Tony and Aunt Ivy's home. There I got to see the mythical MUSEUM OF BOY SCOUT'S EVERYTHING. It is really an amazing amount of things. The scope rivals a real museum. I took some pictures and will post them. I would have been happy to dig in and look through but we were on a time crunch. Maybe next time.
Christmas morning we opened presents. Andrew got a new food processor which aside from his paycheck is the thing he most misses from our Korean apartment. It's Black and Decker and makes a power tool amount of noise so he is happy. We got many, many other things but..time crunch...so we wolfed down some breakfast, packed up the car and drove to my Aunt Janets and Uncle Kenny's home in Kincardine. There the Rotteau's were feeling happy. We played games, ate turkey and the usual amount of laughter was had by all. Then we drove back to Goderich for more presents. We each got everything on our lists so we were happy. We also got some chairs to go with our table so now we can invite people over for dinner and they can eat at a table instead of with plates on their laps. Around 2 am we got a phone call that Grandma was sick with the flu so mom and Ed took her to the hospital. The Hansens (every one of them) were all sick with the stomach flu. Apparently Goderich was one big petri dish of illness. So Andrew and I followed Ed and Jana out of town on Boxing Day. It took 3 trips between the car and the apartment to move all the presents. Andrew says that next year we are only accepting gift cards (just kidding). I went to work at 8 am the next day and Andrew spent 2 days finding space in our teeny apartment for all the new things...we really need a bigger kitchen.

I came home for Winter camp which was 8 days of 8 1/2 hours of classes with 3 hours of marking essays. In addition to my private kids finishing up their applications to University in the U.S.. Because of everything, Andrew and I spent a quiet New Year's Eve at home. We made homemade Chinese food and watched movies and listened to the crazy party people in the building across from us.

Now the winter schedule is being organized but I have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off (knock wood). Hopefully it will last for week or 2 so I can catch up on all the things I've been meaning to do but haven't quite gotten around to...like this blog. So I'll post the pictures from Christmas and then try to have some more adventures in the big city to write about.
M.

1 comment:

Wo Kai Li said...

That is a lot of scout stuff.