Apparently I'm not very good at keeping up with this on a regular basis...or maybe its just the leaving for work at 8 am and getting home at 8 pm that is impeding my reporting. I have 1 more huge week of classes and then life goes back to a more respectable pace ,but with that comes working on Saturdays again.
I had a great weekend at home for my birthday. I managed to have some time on the deck reading, time in the pool and for the first time in 5 years real barbecued steak and french fries. For my actual birthday we had a party with lots of family and friends and everyone had a good time.
I gave Mom and Dad a little fountain for their patio. The birds use it as a birdbath and Dad puts peanuts in it and a squirrel comes by every evening to pick up the peanuts. So one night I sat outside to get some pictures. The pictures of the squirrel standing up are it deciding whether to hop on the table to get the peanut that was sitting beside me or not. He chose to forgo the peanut until the next morning before anyone was awake.
Andrew and I just got back from Goderich again where we had a huge party for my Grandma's 85th birthday. Aunt Judy and Mom have been working like crazy to spruce up Grandma's house and the place looks wonderful. Mom organized the food and Judy the decorations. It looked like everyone had a great time. Its really hard to believe that Grandma is 85. She has slowed down a little but she's a long way from the nursing home. Mild hangovers were cured with Mimosas and a brunch on Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment